Monday, April 4, 2011

The Tango

God sent this man to me, I truly believe this. When I met my now husband of almost 18 years it was a WOW moment. Pretty on the eyes, easy to talk to and liked to have fun. I met him at a beautiful restaurant bar that was walking distance to my home and also where my girlfriend was the Hostess. The restaurant was named "The Raindancer." The bar was upstairs with a beautiful fireplace and bookshelves; a place to feel comfortable by yourself. He started coming in as he knew the bartender and lived on the same street as me. It was fall in South Florida with the holidays approaching. We'd meet and hang out and went to a few other bars to hear some music. We decided to have our first official date on New Years Eve.


The was it. I never went home again after New Years Eve. We went 93 days straight making love. (I use to tease the women I worked with every day when I'd come in in the morning with the count. They were mortified. Too much information they'd say! I just like to make them laugh)


We lived together for a year and a half, went on a three week vacation in a rented RV from Las Vegas to Colorado, covering 13 National Parks, hiking to the bottom of the Grand Canyon and back up. We did whitewater down the Colorado River and just had a great time. When we got back to Vegas we stayed at the "Golden Nugget," rented a gold Cadillac limo and went to the Drive-Up window at "The Little White Chapel" and Reverend Charlotte Richards married us in our blue-jean cut-offs. It was perfect fun.........


We've traveled, hiked, biked, whitewatered, raced, camped, RV'd, utraglided - and keep on having fun.


We've had our ups and downs but we made a pact that NO ONE LEAVES....it's ok to get mad, but get over it.  Grit the Rose between your teeth.......and Tango...


Now getting older I don't know what we'd do without the other. Our 2 brains make 1 whole thought.


Thank you, Jesus, for this precious gift.....

No comments:

Post a Comment